Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jobless Days - 31 Jan


30 Jan Mahim- My Muse, My Whore
I wasn’t really feeling like writing from past few days. Writer’s block- I might think, but more than that the reason would be the ailing mind captured in the claustrophobic room of injured confidence! Few exceptional things that happened, ringing a bell at every jump were- My roomies’ celebrations. While one had a ball at his birthday, the other got a job! I wish I should have written about what I felt while the cat drank the milk, but I chose to cogitate (pronounced as Kau-gee-tate, means to exercise the mind powers to analyze a situation and come up with inferences or arrive at a judgement). How much did I cogitate, I have no clue; but yes, I indeed ran out of my brain powers. Not as much in the later case, but the former was simply psychotropic! Atleast half the Mahim got pissed at ‘a-gang-of-drunk-irresponsible-boys’ for disturbing their slumber or their late night cosy bed talks! Earlier that night I was filled with regrets of not having a sip from the rum-coke pecks, but now I ‘saw’ the benefits of not having alcohol! Isn’t it marvellous that humanbeings are so influential by nature that their state of subconscious is filled with all sorts of influences? Pinkfloyd sounds soothing to drunken ears, rock and roll is orgasmic after getting drunk, and suddenly Rang de basanti is the best-est film ever in the history of cinema! This would definitely be a catch phrase in the sitcoms of martians, making fun of homo sapiens! My drunken friends- each of them thought themselves to be Mr DJ from Rang de basanti. Being talli was making them learn ‘gravity’! (bravo massmedia!) It’s tough to think what if mass media wasn’t existing? Another point not-to-be-missed here is-all of us think we are the ‘heroes’ (or in simple terminology- stars!). Each and every conversation that night was being linked to a dialogue of a hindi film. “If pandu catches us-” was followed by a dialogue from Vaastavye sab raada karte hue mile, de jaake unhe uthak-patak-uthak-patak..” and huge roars of laughter! Even if we are doing bad things, then also we want to be the star-villains; how pity, nobody thinks of those old character actors who had those ugly villainous laughs. They don’t seem to exist today! Either it’s Sanju baba from Vaastav or Amar from Andaaz apna apna, rum and coke makes you voodoo-connect with these characters!

As things seemed to be continuously plucking the string of my mental balance, that night, I called Mahim- a whore! The whore who is in a conjugal relationship with drunkards and god-men. The Whore who moans with pleasure and smiles with superbia. I, actually did cogitate: Mahim- my whore!

No comments:

Post a Comment