Friday, September 9, 2011

My scars define me


i woke up to the sound of the blood running in my brain
it ran at a pace defying my heart's gravity.
with a faint hangover and swollen eyes, i tried to look beyond the darkness's limits.
i saw the dawn of an eclipsed sun.
unknowingly, i hummed the song with no lyrics- my ear-worm struggled to transform into a butterfly (so i thought)
trapped in the aberrations, i sat down as my spine creaked
he was standing by my side and she was caressing my hair
his smile appreciated my solitude and she was trying her best to give me company
lost in the duality, i smiled.
That’s when i saw them
my scars- defined me
ironically, i smiled again
smiles evolved to giggles and giggles to laughter
perhaps i always wanted to look beyond
perhaps, i am not blind for a reason, a curse that i have compromised to a boon
my thoughts are restricted because i can see
because, the best nightmares and dreams are woven in the darkness
if darkness was my god, then i would be an agnostic
"father", i struggled to speak, "what do i call you?"
"by my nick name", he grinned as his eyes twinkled
he trusted me. Over expectations or mere play of words?
"sleep now", she said and sang me a lullaby
i loved her,i respected him                                                                                                                                        

my scars?                                                                                     - i neglected them.

my scars define me

No comments:

Post a Comment