Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Boiling the midnight oil at 4am.

"A pitch is on its way!" Such was the warning 5 weeks back.

With no signs of madness, a mundane facebook timeline and few mosquitoes playing the dengue raaga next to my ears, I was leaning back in my chair. I couldn't care less about the warning. After all, there was no voice modulation in the announcement. Which meant no need to panic. Take it as it comes. For the time being, just look for a light.

3 puffs of burnt tobacco and 3 words of anguish struck me like a brick. Where's. The. Idea?

What? I startled and coughed. And turned to look for the source. No one's around.

Where's. The. Idea?

Again! Turned. No one.

One more puff and the realisation dawned. I have gone mad.

This is surely the initial stage of dementia. I am hearing a voice which doesn't seem to match my own. Which means this is not the voice that saints refer to as the inner voice. It's someone else. Only I am not able to see him.

Me justifying this to myself. Schizophrenia.

Damn! Seems like a plague has hit my braincells.

The cigarette was almost over when I noticed something. A paper. A bright red paper. A shiny one. It was reflecting the sun with full power. A clash of egos I guess. The tiny brat thinks he can defeat the centre of the solar system by giving it back right at it's face! Idiot!

I extinguished my cigarette on it and came up to my desk.

13 notifications. My mundane facebook timeline has suddenly been transformed into the most likeable one. Everyone's liking something on my timeline. I click on my profile pic. This would take me to my timeline.

The net was crawling as usual, evident from the tiny circle on my tab header which continued to circle in infinite loops.

I waited. I wondered.

What is it? Must be the scribble I uploaded before my cigarette break. Or it might be one of my instagram posts. Or...

The page loaded before I could complete my thoughts.

"I like to roam around flashing my butt crack." 7 likes. 6 Comments.

A female friend: How disgusting!

My room mate: Tell me something new.

A gay friend: Lol!

A single friend: Yeeaahh Sexy!

Damn! I have been fraped.

This was a page from my usual day at office a few weeks back.

5 weeks of doing nothing passed and the warning became true. As you can see, I am still in office burning the midnight oil at 4 in the morning. I don't think I will be left with any more oil by the next midnight.

Will write more if I survive.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment